- Login if you have an account.
- Click “Join” at the top left of this Event Page.
- Fill out the required information (as normal). The only difference on the registration page now is that you need to enter '1' for the ticket you wish to purchase.
- When you are done, click "Submit) at the bottom of the page.
- You should be automatically redirected to the payment page where you can pay using your Paypal account or Credit Card.
Join us Saturday, May 13th for our first ever Oak Point Classic Point Aux-Chene sponsored by Pack and Paddle, K2 Coolers, Bugg's Lures, Ginger Avenger, Fin-Collector, OCR Custom Rods, Rabbit Rods. This is a “Shotgun launch” fishing tournament with weigh-in at Point Aux-Chene Kayak Rentals.
- Shotgun Launch from PAC Kayak Rentals
- $25 Entry + $5 launch fee (Plus an Optional $5 Flounder Calcutta)
- Cash Payouts for Heavy Stringer: Max of 2 Slot Redfish & 3 Speckled Trout
- Pack & Paddle Gift Card(s) for Leopard Redfish Category
- Lots of Door Prizes
- LEGAL STRINGER: Heaviest cumulative weight of no more than 2 Redfish (16" min and under 27") and 3 Speckled Trout (12" min).
- **ANY FULL STRINGER (2 LEGAL REDS & 3 LEGAL TROUT) WILL TRUMP A NON-FULL STRINGER REGARDLESS OF WEIGHT**
- LEOPARD REDFISH (included in Entry fee): Redfish with the most spots (counting both sides) wins a Pack & Paddle gift card (see additional rules below).
- OPTIONAL CALCUTTA ($5): Heaviest Flounder wins the pot.
LKFC CAJUN KAYAK ANGLER SERIES
Oak Point Classic is the 2nd of 6 events as part of the Cajun Kayak Angler Series. Earn and accrue points for weighing fish & win big prizes or cash. The Angler of the Year wins multiple gift cards worth up to $2,500, compliments of Pack & Paddle and other companies TBD. Learn More...
It is every angler’s responsibility to understand and abide by all rules listed here. Additionally, all "Series Rules" apply and must be read here.
- ENTRY: $30 which includes the $5 launch fee (+ $1.50 via PayPal) - $25 tourney entry breakdown: $17 goes to Tournament Pot, $2 to Leopard Redfish, and $6 to Club / Series Pot.
- OPTIONAL CALCUTTA: $5 entry into side pot for Heaviest Flounder. Winner takes the entire side pot.
- REGISTRATION: Open to the public until Friday, May 12th, 12:00 p.m. (noon).
- WAIVER: By registering for this event you agree to the LKFC waiver/release of liability waiver...READ ME
- LAUNCH BOUNDARIES: Anglers must launch from designated area and can fish anywhere they can paddle to, with a reminder to keep it safe and don't paddle beyond your limits. NOTE: The $5 Launch fee is included in your Entry!
- SAFETY: It is every anglers responsibility to navigate their vessel in a safe manner and abide by all LDWF rules and regulations. A Coast Guard approved PFD shall be worn at all times while navigating your vessel. YOU are responsible for displaying lights for your safety...BE SEEN!
- ACCEPTABLE CRAFT: Human powered kayaks and canoes only. No trolling motors or mother-shipping allowed.
- ACCEPTABLE TACKLE: Artificial Tackle Only (scents, sprays, & Gulp are acceptable).
- LEGAL FISHING/LAUNCH TIME: (START PADDLING) 6:00 a.m. - 3 p.m. No lines in the water until 6:00 a.m. Must be signed in by 6 am or automatic DQ.
- SIGN-IN: Anglers must sign-in by 3 p.m.at the EDDIES PAC KAYAK RENTAL. Arriving after 3:00= DQ. No exceptions. In the event of a tie, the angler who signs in first will be considered the winner.
- WEIGH-IN: Begins at 3:00 PM SHARP. No culling at the weigh table. Have your fish ready to weigh when called upon. You must weigh fish to receive series points. You MUST keep your fish completely inside of an ice chest with ice while waiting for your fish to be weighed in order to preserve the quality of the fish. Failure to keep fish in ice chest, manipulation of fish, or "air drying" tails will result in angler being disqualified from the event. **Weighing illegal fish (in accordance with Louisiana Wild Life and Fisheries Laws) will result in DQ.
- HEAVY STRINGER CATEGORY: Calculated by the total weight of two (2) Slot Redfish (16” to under 27") and three (3) Speckled Trout (12" min). It is ok if you don't bring in all 5; furthermore, it is ok to only weigh 1 fish. HOWEVER **ANY FULL STRINGER (2 LEGAL REDS & 3 LEGAL TROUT) WILL TRUMP A NON-FULL STRINGER REGARDLESS OF WEIGHT**
- Angler 1 weighs in 2 reds and 3 trout with 10 lb total
- Angler 2 weighs in 2 reds and 0 trout with 13 lb total
- Angler 3 weighs in 2 reds and 1 trout with 12 lb total
- Final placing would be #1 (Angler 1), #2 (Angler 2), #3 (Angler 3) in that order because Angler 1 had a full stringer then it will go by weight after all FULL STRINGERS are accounted for.
- All fish must be kept in a cooler on ice, no drying out tails, dragging tails on the ground, or any manipulation of the tail. Any angler that manipulates the tail will be automatically DQ'd from the tournament and will be placed on probation for the remainder of the year. Any further violations may result in permanent ban from further tournaments and the angler may be reported to authorities.
- If a redfish is brought to the table and the tail is disfigured with a measurement of 26.75 inches .25 inches will be added to the fish and it will be DQ'd,
- PAYOUT: Cash (Heavy String Category)
- Top 3 w/ < 40 anglers (the following percentages: 50 / 30 / 20)
- Top 5 w/ 40+ anglers (the following percentages: 40 / 27.5 / 17.5 / 10 / 5)
- Top 10 w/ >125 anglers (the following percentages: 30 / 23 / 16 / 10 / 6 / 4 / 3.5 / 3 / 2.5 / 2)
- LKFC SERIES POINTS (AOY): LKFC Members with "Active" membership status will receive Series points for weighing fish. Points are awarded for Heavy String Category only. You must weigh fish to receive points.
- LEOPARD REDFISH CATEGORY: The slot Redfish with the most spots (counting both sides) wins a Pack & Paddle Gift Card.
- Must be a Slot Redfish and you CAN use this redfish in your Heavy Stringer (but you are not required to).
- The number of prizes given will be dependent on the number of entrants: 50 entrants or less - 1st place only, 51-100 - Top 2 (70/30), and over 100 - Top 3 (50/30/20).
- If an angler places in both the Heavy Stringer Category and the Leopard Redfish Category, the angler has the choice of either taking the cash prize for the Heavy Stringer Category or the Pack & Paddle gift card for the Leopard Redfish Category (angler cannot win in both categories). However, if the angler opts for the Pack & Paddle gift card for the Leopard Redfish prize, the angler will still receive their Series Points for their place in the Heavy String Category (if they are an "Active" LKFC Member). The options will be presented to the angler after the final results are tallied and before awards presented. Based on the decision, the cash payouts or gift cards will be adjusted accordingly to the next angler who placed in the category. Therefore, make sure to register your leopard redfish with the weigh-master even if a redfish with more spots has already been "weighed-in".
- DOOR PRIZE DRAWINGS: Anglers must be present at the weigh-in to win a Door Prize. If an angler places in the money for the tournament or wins any prizes, then he/she is not eligible for door prizes. Prizes include: TBC ...Buggs Fishing Lure package, Ginger Avenger Fishing Package, Fin-Collector Fishing Package and MORE!!!!
- Don't forget that by fishing the minimum required tournaments that at the end of the year two anglers will be drawn to receive store credit to OCR Custom Rods & Rabbit Rods for a CUSTOM BUILT FISHING ROD!!!